8 March 2023
This pivotal role will inspire and connect new and existing church relationships, and lead and inspire new and existing supporters to connect deeply with WorldShare and its international partners through prayer, giving, and learning.
WorldShare is a Christian aid and development organisation passionate about showing and sharing the love of Jesus. Our purpose is to see lives transformed and hope restored worldwide through education, health and sharing the Gospel.
We work in Africa and Asia, and our approach is partnership-driven. We come alongside locally-run Christian organisations creating life-changing opportunities for the world’s most vulnerable and marginalised people. We listen rather than lead, providing resources, expertise, and prayer support to help bring their God-given vision for their community to life.
We aim to combine best-practice aid and development with passionate Christian faith so that Christian organisations worldwide are effective, resilient, and can bring about lasting change for their communities.
Purpose of the Role
To lead and inspire new and existing supporters to connect deeply with WorldShare and its international partners through prayer, giving, and learning. This pivotal role will inspire and connect New and Existing Church relationships to WorldShare and its international partners through giving, learning, visiting and prayer.
- Actively develop new partnerships with churches and supporters. However, it will include corporates, businesses, donors, community groups, advocates and ambassadors to increase WorldShare’s profile, impact and influence.
- Cultivate, nurture, and grow existing partnerships with churches.
- Present and speak at conferences, churches and events as required to highlight the work of WorldShare.
- Maintain accurate documents, utilising Salesforce and other databases for all existing and potential partnerships to facilitate growth.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of expansion strategies for all fundraising opportunities.
- Achieve financial and non-financial targets by developing church engagement opportunities aligned with national strategies.
Key Attributes Required
- A strong commitment to WorldShare’s values and Christian ethos, including acting with integrity, support for the biblical theology that informs WorldShare’s development approach and the ability to participate in times of prayer and biblical reflection.
- Well-developed communication skills, including persuasive negotiating and public speaking abilities
- In-depth knowledge and networks within the local church and/or philanthropic fundraising landscape.
- Well-developed personal skills, including the ability to understand supporter insights and needs and to respond appropriately
- A proactive, results and action-driven professional approach with the ability to generate ideas, think innovatively, and problem solve
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to deliver to deadlines and budget
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to challenges and to work effectively in a small, diverse, and busy team environment
- Experience in using Customer Relationship Management (ideally Salesforce) and Content Management Systems
- Experience in a comparable working environment, including working for a not-for-profit or Christian development and mission organisation (highly regarded)
How To Apply
The cover letter must be included with your CV, and please send it to Brett Cannings, Head of Supporter Engagement, email@example.com.
Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately, as the position will be closed once the successful applicant has been appointed.