26 May 2023
We’re looking for an experienced finance & operations officer on a 2 to 3 days (15 hours per week) part-time basis to join the team at Chatswood (Hybrid with Tuesdays in the office), reporting to the Chief Finance & Operations Officer.
WorldShare is a Christian aid and development organisation passionate about showing and sharing the love of Jesus. Our purpose is to see lives transformed and hope restored worldwide through education, health and sharing the Gospel.
We work in Africa and Asia, and our approach is partnership-driven. We come alongside locally-run Christian organisations creating life-changing opportunities for the world’s most vulnerable and marginalised people. We listen rather than lead, providing resources, expertise, and prayer support to help bring their God-given vision for their community to life.
We aim to combine best-practice aid and development with passionate Christian faith so that Christian organisations worldwide are effective, resilient, and can bring about lasting change for their communities.
Role and Responsibility
- Entering financial information into accounting software (Xero)
- Managing accounts payable & Assisting accounts receivable
- Donation processing into CRM (Salesforce) & Arrears Management
- Managing day-to-day banking transactions, and bank reconciliations
- Reconciling credit card expenses and reimbursements
- Assisting payroll processing
- General office admin & operations
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role, preferably in an NFP organisation
- Strong attention-to-detail, and organisational skills
- High-level computer skills, including Microsoft Office, and experience in CRM systems and accounting software.
- Have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Align with WorldShare’s Christian mission and vision, ability to participate in Christian activities at WorldShare, including prayer times.
Why work with us?
WorldShare has a deep and rich history of supporting local Christian partnerships worldwide, and we are ambitious and innovative about our future.
We are passionate about our cause of restoring hope and transforming lives – and by working with WorldShare, you will make a direct contribution to this vision.
We do things differently:
- We support locally-led development as we believe this is the most effective and sustainable way to transform lives. We know that local people best understand their communities, both the problems and the solutions, and they are with their communities for the long haul.
- We deliberately seek out grassroots organisations, which typically miss funding from larger international NGOs. Our partners might be small, but they make a significant impact! Choosing grassroots organisations means that we deliberately choose to engage in deeper, more intensive partnership support.
- We believe the gospel is best shown in word AND deed, and our overseas partners pursue an integral mission.
- We love partnerships, and we delight in connecting Australians with partnerships overseas. Together, we can do more. We all have a part to play.
WorldShare cares for and respects employees and is a spiritual and collaborative environment, as well as workplace flexibility, regular time for spiritual practices, paid parental leave and professional development.
Please note that (1) WorldShare is committed to safeguarding and maintaining an environment free from abuse, harassment, and exploitation. The recruitment process will include safeguarding checks and questions. WorldShare staff are required to provide a Police Check and Working with Children Check. (2) Applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia.
How To Apply
The cover letter must be included with your CV, and please send it to Kate Kim, the Chief Finance & Operations Officer or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately, as the position will be closed once the successful applicant has been appointed.