Making regular financial contributions by credit card or direct debit is a safe, easy, convenient and cost-effective way of supporting WorldShare and our ministry partners overseas.
Automatic financial contributions are preferred as it saves WorldShare a significant amount of money in handling, printing and postage costs. By participating in the automatic contribution system, you allow us to pass on more funds to our ministry partners.
You can arrange for us to direct debit your bank, building society or credit card account (Bankcard, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club) at a frequency that suits you, for example, monthly, quarterly, biannually or yearly.
This page outlines our service commitment to you, in respect to the automatic contribution arrangements made between WorldShare ABN 16 001 441 103 (Direct Debit ID 305256) and you. It explains your rights, our commitment to you and your responsibilities in relation to the arrangements, including where you can go for assistance.
Please read this document thoroughly. For any enquiries regarding your contribution, please contact WorldShare by phone on (02) 9712 8222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our commitment to you
By signing a Direct Debit Request or by providing us with a valid instruction, you have authorised us to arrange for funds to be debited from your bank account or credit card account (whichever is relevant). We undertake to debit your nominated account for the agreed amount for your support of WorldShare’s ministry.
The initial drawing under this automatic contribution arrangement for credit cards and Direct Debit will occur:
- in the case of credit cards, on the date we receive notification of signup and on the same day every month thereafter (or on another day if you so request); and
- in the case of Direct Debits, on or around the 15th of the month the request was made (or the following month if your contribution details are received after the 18th of the month). If funds are due to be debited from your account on a non-business day, we may direct your financial institution to debit your account on the following business day.
If an automatic contribution is unsuccessful, we will attempt to re-debit the account. If additional attempts are also unsuccessful, we will contact you to arrange an alternative contribution method. We reserve the right to cancel your automatic contribution if we are unable to contact you and unable to draw funds on three or more occasions, or for any other reason in our absolute discretion.
We will give you at least 14 days’ notice in writing when changes to the terms of the arrangement are made. Changes may include increasing the amount of the contribution, altering the frequency of contribution or altering the debit date. You will be bound by such changes unless you advise WorldShare that you do not agree to them by written notice or you verbally advise WorldShare.
Changes to the arrangement
If you would like to make changes to the drawing arrangements, contact us at least five (5) business days prior to the next due drawing date. These changes may include: deferring the drawing; altering the schedule; stopping an individual debit; arranging catch-up payments, suspending the automatic contribution; change of account details; and cancelling the automatic contribution completely.
If you wish to discuss any changes to the terms, please contact us directly by calling (02) 9712 8222 during business hours, or email email@example.com.
If you believe that a drawing has been initiated incorrectly, we encourage you to contact us directly. In the event that you are not satisfied with WorldShare’s handling of the matter, please contact your financial institution.
You will receive a refund of the drawing amount if we cannot substantiate the reason for the debit. If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has not been incorrectly debited then we will respond to your query by providing you with reasons and any evidence for this finding in writing.
Your commitment to us
It is your responsibility to ensure that:
- Your nominated account can accept direct debits (your financial institution can confirm this);
- On the drawing date there are sufficient cleared funds in the nominated account to allow the debit payment to be made. If there are insufficient cleared funds in your account to meet a debit payment:
- you may be charged a fee and/or interest by your financial institution; and
- you must arrange for the debit payment to be made by another method or arrange for sufficient clear fund to be in your account by an agreed time so that we can process the direct payment.
- You advise us if the nominated account is transferred or closed or if (in the case of credit cards) your nominated credit card has a new expiry date.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you have consent from your parent or guardian to make automatic financial contributions.
Should your personal circumstances change in the future and you wish to adjust your contributions, we have flexible options to help you continue your support in a way that suits you.
The governing law of this agreement shall be the law of New South Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
Please direct all enquiries to WorldShare, rather than to your financial institution. All communication addressed to us should include your supporter number.
You can contact us as below:
Phone: By calling (02) 9712 8222 during business hours
Post: PO Box 84, Chatswood NSW 2057
Last reviewed September 2021.