Thank you for visiting the WorldShare website, worldshare.org.au (“Website”), which is operated by WorldShare ABN 16 001 441 103.
Use of Website
You agree to use the Website only for lawful purposes and in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state, national and international laws, rules and regulations. You agree that you are responsible for your own use of the Website and that you do so at your own risk.
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- in any way which harms or has significant risk of harming children or vulnerable adults in any way;
- to send, receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses or any other harmful programs or computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Website;
- not to access without authority, interfere with, alter, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Website;
- any equipment (including telecommunications equipment) or network on which the Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party;
- to abide by the WorldShare Safeguarding Policy.
Using images, videos and text from our Website
You acknowledge that Worldshare is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, and in the material published on it, including text, graphics, videos, logos, icons, sound recordings and software. All such rights are reserved.
We encourage and permit the use, reproduction and distribution of images, videos and other materials contained on the Website for educational and/or personal use, provided the source of the material is appropriately acknowledged and the material is not altered, changed or portrayed in a manner inconsistent with its intended purpose. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on the Website must always be acknowledged as follows: © WorldShare [year].
Any materials from the Website used to fundraise on our behalf must be used in accordance with our Fundraising Policy, as available on our Website.
There may from time to time be material on our Website that belongs to others. All rights are reserved on such material and separate permission to use it will be required from the owner.
You must not use any part of the materials on the Website for commercial purposes or to fundraiser for us through your business or other commercial activity (such as selling a book) without obtaining written permission from us. Please send any requests to use content from the Website to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must not use our material to fundraise for anybody else. We can ask you to stop using our material at any time at our complete discretion.
Using our logo or linking to our Website
We encourage you to create a link to our Website from your website or other social media Websites to educate yourself and others, to promote WorldShare’s work or to fundraise for us. However you are only allowed to use the WorldShare logo and any other logo where it is embedded in a banner or other link as set out below. Otherwise, you need to contact us for special permission.
There are a variety of links, web banners and widgets available which you can access by reading and accepting the following rules:
- You are not allowed to link to us where your website is a business (or other commercial) website without our express permission.
- You will only use the link in ways which protect and enhance our reputation.
- Using the link on your website does not mean that we support or endorse what you do. You will make this clear on your website.
- You use the link at your own risk.
- You will not change the link in any way or combine it with any other graphics.
- You will not pass the link on to any other person.
- We can ask you to stop using the link at any time at our complete discretion.
- If you are also fundraising for us, make sure you read our fundraising guidelines.
- All appropriate laws (including the laws of the country in which your website originates) also apply.
Using links to other websites
The Website may provide links to the websites of other individuals or organisations. We have no control over these external websites and take no responsibility for nor endorse any content or links contained therein. By accessing any links to third party websites you agree that you do so at your own risk.
We do not guarantee that the functions or materials accessible from our or contained in the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or faults. We aim to update the Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. However, any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all technical specifications necessary to use the Website and is compatible with the Website.
You accept that you are the owner of any content you upload, post or display on the Website and agree that any information you provide (including any views and opinions) is truthful and accurate and complies with applicable laws in Australia.
Specifically, contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, vulgar, hateful or inflammatory or otherwise not in line with our values;
- promote or contain sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any right including (but not limited to) copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any law or regulation, whether criminal, tortious or otherwise;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- bring the Website, WorldShare (or any WorldShare partners) or the WorldShare name into disrepute; or
- send unsolicited bulk email or spam to other users.
If any of these rules are broken by you or other users or if you have any other concerns about materials posted on the Website, please write to us at email@example.com immediately.
Please note that by posting or displaying any content on the Website, the information becomes publicly available. You consent to WorldShare using, reproducing, publishing and/or distributing any publicly available information you post (including photos, videos and text) for any non-commercial purpose.
We reserve the right, but are under no obligation, to monitor the content of the Website and are free to remove any content you post at any time for any reason without notice.
Linking to the Website
You may link to our webpages, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
The Website must not be framed on any other Website. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations made online on this Website are processed in real time using a secure payment gateway. Donations are processed in Australia in Australian Dollars.
If you have any questions or concerns about making an online donation to WorldShare please contact our team.
Warranties and Limitation of Liability
The Website and all information has been provided as complete and in good faith without any express or implied warranty and is subject to change and is as up-to-date as our resources permit. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, WorldShare disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. WorldShare does not warrant that the Website; information, content, materials, products (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Website; their servers; or e-mail sent from WorldShare are free of viruses or other harmful components.
WorldShare will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site or from any information, content, materials, products (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to you through this site, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages, unless otherwise specified in writing.
The courts of New South Wales, Australia will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to the Website.
We have used reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website complies with Australian law, but cannot ensure that it is appropriate or available for use in every territory outside Australia. Those who visit the Website from other territories are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. If use of the Website and/or viewing of it, or use of any material or content on the Website or services, are contrary to or infringe any applicable law in your jurisdiction(s), you are not authorised to view or use the Website and you must exit immediately.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on the Website, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting the Website.
This page was last updated September 2021.