What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- mobile number;
- age or birth date;
- profession, occupation or job title;
- credit/debit card details for donation purposes; and
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide information and donation opportunities to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquires and provide information or about existing and new donation opportunities;
- for administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product development, quality control and research purposes of WorldShare, contractors or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, or in co-operation with any governmental authority.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website;
- during conversations between you and our representatives; or
- when you make a donation or purchase an item from us.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, we may not be able to provide requested information to you such as tax receipts, updates or send you information about your sponsored child if we do not have your name and address.
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, ministry partners, alliance partners, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our organization, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide information and donation opportunities to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. In these situation, WorldShare reasonably believes that the recipient of the information is subject to a law, or binding scheme, that has the effect of protecting the information in a way that, overall, is at least substantially similar to the way in which the Australian Privacy Principles protect the information.
We may disclose your personal information to our ministry partners located in China, Philippines, Indonesia, Myanmar, India, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Uganda, and to our alliance partners in United States of America, United Kingdom, Canada and Singapore.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would be unlawful or interfere with the privacy of others. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will endeavor to ensure your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
|Privacy Officer, WorldShare
||P.O. Box 711
||Five Dock, NSW 2046
||02 9712 8222
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially.